Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Water Dragons

   Today was less than I had hoped, but was a preparation for the next entry nonetheless. When a thunderstorm threatens, and your Jeep's top is down (I mean completely off!), your priorities change somewhat. So the outline for today was compiled, but tomorrow will see the completion of the finished article, with it's photographs. Life is what happens when your planning something else.
   I will, for those interested, be taking the time to lay out the procedure for pulling together a wood frame kayaq. I've started on another one, a double for my Wife and I, that measures 24 feet Length over all, 36 inches at the extreme beam, and draws 08 inches at load capacity. Her byforcated bow reaches up like the dragon prow of my Norse Irish ancestors' ships, 24 inches above the bottom of the fir keel at the top of the finish cap. And that, with the fantail stern piece, are of both of cedar native to my Wife's home state of Washington, as is the close grain fir gun'ls and keel. She will be a serious ocean hybrid, sleek and seaworthy. And built to carry a load. 
   We've called her the Dragon Lady.
   It seems to suit her.
   - WKD  

2 comments:

  1. "Life is what happens when your planning something else."
    That gave me a pleasant little chuckle of agreement, how true it is!

    ReplyDelete