Saturday, September 8, 2018

   This evening is rather special. As we relax in the fading light from across the bay, Beaufort and I quietly celebrate our first year together with my Wife Kimi, as a family.
    
He and I shared our first evening sleeping together on the floor, a puppy so new to his new home that the mutual companionship couldn't wait...  

Since then the adventures for an inquisitive puppy and his handler have been diverse and numerous,
                          from watching the local geese moving in,

or the morning sea smoke drifting across the bay

to Jeeping,

Beaching with the Friends who've entrusted him to us,

As well as a few treks later on his own...

Playing with the Mighty Mushroom, 


and, well, other adventures in the making...

But the real joy has been when nothing else in life seems to make sense,


He does.

There's no darkness where this wonderful companion walks with me.
 Thank you for a very special year, Beaufort.
And Thank you, Jonathan, Bettyann, Joanne and especially Dougal and Jasmine.
I love this pup to tears, and he loves me right back.


Who says we can't, on occasion, have a perfect world?


No comments:

Post a Comment